We hope your summer was enjoyable with pleasant outside time and opportunities to connect with frien - read more
We take COVID-19 (Coronavirus) seriously and continue to follow the direction of the Provincial Heal - read more
The City is now accepting special event bookings with new procedures in place to ensure users take t - read more
The City will reopen facilities to organized recreational sports groups on June 26 with new procedur - read more
As our weather improves (we can hope) and with the easing of our isolation, we are able to get outsi - read more
June 12, 2020Re-Opening of FacilitiesThe Town continues to concentrate on the essential services our - read more
The City continues to focus on the essential services our residents rely upon while exercising cauti - read more
June 8, 2020Both the City of Parksville and Town of Qualicum Beach have resumed limited front counte - read more
June 5, 2020Gradual Re-Opening of ServicesFollowing the direction of the Provincial Health Officer, - read more
The City continues to focus on the essential services our residents rely upon and we will continue t - read more
The City of Parksville will reopen the playgrounds in Foster Park and Shelly Creek Park on Friday, J - read more
City Announces Reopening PlanThe City of Parksville has announced plans to restore amenities and ser - read more
June 1, 2020Local businesses are developing reopening plans and are excited to welcome back shoppers - read more
As we look forward to the summer and the gradual re-opening of the Province, we would like to take a - read more
Gradual Return of City ServicesThe City is focusing on the essential services our residents rely upo - read more
The City of Parksville takes COVID-19 (Coronavirus) seriously and follows the direction of the Provi - read more
Message From the MayorWith the "new normal" starting to take shape, Qualicum Beach is seeing more an - read more
May 22. 2020This week many businesses reopened to a new normal and at this time, our governments are - read more
May 21, 2020The City of Parksville is working to safely reopen facilities that were closed to avoid - read more
May 15, 2020BC's Restart PlanThe BC Restart Plan was recently announced, and outlines the gradual ea - read more
May 15, 2020Please stay safe this Victoria Day long weekend. Stay close to home; continue to keep yo - read more
May 14, 2020When Premier Horgan announced BC's Restart Plan last week, he emphasized, "this is not a - read more
May 7, 2020On May 6, Premier John Horgan's announced the BC Restart Plan, a strategy to slowly ease - read more
Staying Well in Uncertain TimesThis week, recognized by the Canadian Mental Health Association as Me - read more
Message from Council So, how are we coping with COVID-19? As with the weather, we watch daily t - read more
April 30, 2020Emergency preparedness is a shared responsibility that begins with making a plan and b - read more
May 1, 2020Our sincere thanks to the dedicated health care workers, first responders, front-line wor - read more
We offer our heartfelt appreciation to the dedicated health care workers, first responders, front-li - read more
April 23, 2020Dr Bonnie Henry's words continue to provide comfort, "All of us need to do our part an - read more
Message from Parksville MayorIt is heartwarming to see our residents coming together to help stop th - read more
April 22, 2020Protection and enhancement of the water supply, a priority for the City of Parksville - read more
Message from the MayorAs we enter our fifth week in this COVID-19 pandemic I want to express my extr - read more
April 20, 2020It is heartwarming to see Parksville residents coming together to help stop the spread - read more
Lets keep the effort going to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The message is the same, - read more
The Parksville Volunteer Fire Department would love to help you celebrate a milestone memory such as - read more
April 15, 2020The City of Parksville continues to ask residents to comply with provincial health ord - read more
April 9, 2020We must continue to do our part while doing our best to support and care for those arou - read more
Council would like to wish you a safe and happy Easter! April 9, 2020We know that these are unu - read more
MESSAGE FROM PARKSVILLE COUNCILIt is unlikely we will return to normal any time soon as we may be in - read more
Message from the MayorAs the weather starts to warm up and the Easter weekend approaches, we automat - read more
On March 25, the Bylaw Enforcement COVID-19 Order came into effect through the office of the Ministe - read more
April 2, 2020On March 12, the City announced that Council meetings are no longer open to attendance - read more
April 2, 2020We all must be 100% committed to doing our part to flatten the COVID-19 curve and to do - read more
April 1, 2020As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold in our country, the Citys focus is on prev - read more
March 30, 2020The City of Parksville is working to share information and operational updates as we c - read more
March 27, 2020A Time to Stay PositiveDuring so much change, one message is ringing out. Stay calm, s - read more
March 27, 2020 The emergency programs for the City of Parksville and Town of Qualicum Beach wor - read more
March 25, 2020 This message is an update for Parksville residents about the COVID 19 pandemic. - read more
March 24, 2020At no greater times than these do we appreciate our front line workers! A huge call ou - read more
March 23, 2020As the coronavirus continues to spread throughout the world, our community is feeling - read more
March 20, 2020As of today, March 20, 2020, we have confirmation that the number of cases of COVID-19 - read more
March 23, 2020Further to our release on March 20 that advised the closure of all playgrounds in the - read more
March 20, 2020Effective immediately and until further notice, all playgrounds in the City of Parksvi - read more
March 19, 2020We wish to assure our residents the City of Parksville continues to respond to the gui - read more
March 17, 2020 The Province of British Columbia and Vancouver Island Health affirm that the ris - read more
March 16,2020On behalf of the Town of Qualicum Beach Council, I want assure you that we understand a - read more
March 6, 2020Recent news stories indicate that the Coronavirus, now known as COVID-19, is continuing - read more
March 17, 2020We recognize there is a tremendous amount of information about COVID-19, including com - read more
March 16, 2020Immediate Closure of City of Parksville OfficesThe City is taking COVID-19 seriously a - read more
March 16, 2020At the request of Mayor Ed Mayne, the following information is being distributed on be - read more
March 12, 2020The City of Parksville is monitoring and responding to the evolving COVID-19 situation - read more
News Release - March 11, 2020On March 11, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global h - read more
EMO What's New
COVID-19 Parksville-Qualicum Beach Community Update
Posted: Jun 8, 2020
June 8, 2020
Both the City of Parksville and Town of Qualicum Beach have resumed limited front counter services at municipal halls in line with Phase 2 of the BC Restart Plan. While these functions have been in place virtually, in-person services are now being offered within limited hours of operation for those who cannot use virtual options. Physical distancing and enhanced sanitization protocols are now in place and the number of residents allowed in the building at one time is extremely limited. It may be necessary to form a line outside while waiting for service and lengthy delays may occur. During this transition period, we ask for your patience as we navigate this phase of reopening. Should you have questions, please contact City of Parksville at 250 248-6144 or the Town of Qualicum Beach at 250 752-6921.
We are very encouraged by the recent information and statistics on COVID 19 rates from the province that show the community’s efforts have dramatically reduced the spread of this virus in Oceanside and on Vancouver Island. We are cautiously re-opening outdoor amenities and allowing recreational activities to resume in accordance with the provincial requirements. Following the advice of health officials has served us well and we will continue mitigating the risks associated with COVID 19 as we see a return to some normal activities.
This summer will look very different in Oceanside; there are many fun and engaging things we can do in our beautiful hometowns. Vacationing at home and supporting local businesses is a great way to stay safe, enjoy the beauty of our community and put us on the road to recovery.
GENERAL UPDATES AND INFORMATION
- Vancouver Island Coastal Tourism Resiliency Program provides Vancouver Island, Gulf Islands and Sunshine Coast tourism businesses with meaningful, hands-on guidance and support to navigate the immediate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, adapt and work towards long-term resiliency.
- Supporting Oceanside Businesses - tool for all local businesses to detail services being offered.
- Open During COVID-19 - directory of businesses open during COVID-19.
- Supporting Local Restaurants - directory list of restaurants open for business.
- Rebound Oceanside is a recovery plan created for businesses and not-for-profit organizations in the Parksville-Qualicum Beach/School District 69 region to provide assistance through the pandemic and minimize the negative impacts of an economic shutdown. Supported by Province of BC, WorkSafe BC and Parksville & Qualicum Chambers of Commerce.
UPDATES FROM TOWN OF QUALICUM BEACH
Town Hall is partially reopening today with limited services:
- Hours of operation - Monday to Friday, 9 am to 1 pm.
- The main floor foyer will be open to the public for tax and utility payments and to process homeowner grants ONLY. Residents are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the other payment options available. Please refer to the "Noteworthy" included with both your tax notice and utility notice. Payments can also be dropped off in the mail slot located at the entrance nearest the fountain (660 Primrose Street) at any time.
- Business relating to administration, bylaw, building, planning and engineering is by appointment only. Please refer to the Town's website for staff contact information or call 250 752-6921 to book an appointment. Walk-in services will NOT be available at this time.
- Please be patient and respectful as there will be delays during this transitional period.
The Town asks residents to meet these guidelines:
- Do not enter Town Hall if experiencing any signs of illness, have travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Residents are encouraged to wear a non-surgical facemask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance.
- Only one customer will be permitted to enter the building at a time and overflow will be outside in an uncovered area which is open to the weather.
- Foot traffic will be one-way only, with designated entrance, exit and directional lines. Please maintain a physical distance of 2 metres while queueing.
- Recommended payment options include cheque and Interac. If necessary, cash will be accepted; however no change can be provided. Any overpayment will remain on your account as a credit.
- Washrooms at Town Hall are closed and available public washrooms are located on Veteran’s Way and at the rear of the Leigh House.
- The underground parking garage is open, but access to the elevator and stairwell is closed. Access to the street/building will be from the front parking garage doors ONLY. It will be necessary to walk from the parking garage to the front of the building.
UPDATES FROM CITY OF PARKSVILLE
The City of Parksville recently announced a gradual, multi-step approach to reopening services in a manner that will maintain and protect public safety. A number of services such as in-person payments of utilities and taxes, the ability to process homeowner grant applications, reopening of neighbourhood playgrounds and sports courts were resorted. Next steps are outlined here:
June 12 - Reopening Lions Ventureland Playground and outdoor gym in the Parksville Community Park
June 26 - Reopening splash park in Parksville Community Park
June 26 - Special event permits: hosts must provide COVID Response and Mitigation plans
June 26 - Return to play will include bookings of special events and recreational sports.
- Full service offered by finance - e.g. bus passes, garbage tags and dog licences will be available and tickets and licence fees may be paid.
- Finance hours will remain 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 3 pm
- All other City business by appointment only.
July 2 - City will resume such activities as in-person public hearings, community engagement and Coffee with the Mayor.
Residents and visitors using City facilities are expected to follow public health requirements at all times. In accordance with provincial guidelines, signage will be posted at City Hall and in our parks and open spaces to remind the public of what rules are in place. Information on the timing of steps to reopen various services and amenities, as well as updates on further access, will be posted on the City's website and social media channels.
As outlined last week, residents should continue to access services electronically. All other City business is by appointment only and walk-in services are not available at this time. Call 250 248-6144 to book an appointment or refer to contact info on our website. Please contact VIU, School District #69 and the library by phone at this time.
We will keep you informed of any changes to how the Town of Qualicum Beach and the City of Parksville operate as this pandemic evolves. City staff and elected officials are practicing physical distance and sanitizing protocols and many services continue to be available by phone, email and online, please refer to your municipality for contact information. Health-related information is available from:
For information, contact:
Rob Daman Emergency Program Coordinator Town of Qualicum Beach email@example.com
Aaron Dawson Emergency Program Coordinator City of Parksville firstname.lastname@example.org
Deb Tardiff Manager of Communications City of Parksville email@example.com