Travel PreparednessAre you prepared for the unexpected while travelling?
Emergency preparedness begins with you and extends to wherever you might be. Know what challenges you might encounter when visiting unfamiliar regions. The emergencies you might face could be health or geographically related. Know the risks, make a plan ahead of time... be prepared.
- Be aware of emergency contact numbers in the area you are travelling.
- Leave emergency contact numbers for those who are not travelling with you.
- Always contact family or friends to let them know your situation during any emergency situation.
- Before heading out, complete a trip plan and leave it with friends or family. Check over your immunizations records and determine what may be recommended for the region you are visiting.
- Check road conditions and weather bulletins. Keep in mind seasons in some regions are different from those you might be familiar with.
- Pack for the weather.
- Always inform family and friends you will be taking a trip, where you will be going, and when you expect to be back.
- Leave contact information with that person in case of an emergency.
- If you are travelling by vehicle, ensure you have a vehicle emergency kit.
- When you return from your trip, please take a moment to notify your family and friends.