On behalf of the Town of Qualicum Beach Council, I want assure you that we understand and empathize with the growing concerns around COVID-19. We also want to assure you that we are working hard to take proactive measures to ensure we remain ready to respond to any situation, and are committed to communicating changes as they arise. We understand that this is a time for us to work together! Here are some of the key messages we want to confirm:
Services & Facilities
- Town Hall will remain open (Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm). We do ask however that you consider whether your business with the Town could be conducted over the phone, via email or mail.
- Civic Centre and Community Hall will be closed effective March 18, 2020.
- Municipal services remain uninterrupted at this time.
- The Provincial Health Officer issued an order today to cancel all gatherings of 50 or more people.
- Council Meetings and Committee of the Whole Meetings will continue (with a maximum limit of 50 people)
- In an effort to encourage social distancing, we ask residents to consider the following alternatives:
- View Council Meetings from home via live streaming.
- Send comments to be included in our correspondence log (see contact details in the footer)
- Send any questions or comments about meeting agendas to email@example.com.
- Open House & Committee/Commission meetings will be suspended until further notice.
Stepping up Hygiene
- All municipal facilities are being cleaned more frequently, especially doors and common areas.
- Staff are following proper hand washing protocols, and respiratory etiquette for coughing and sneezing.
- Staff are being encouraged to stay home if they feel ill.
The Town will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will release additional information as it is available. We are in close communication with Island Health who have the expertise to provide guidance and advice.
The most up to date information will be posted on the following locations:
- Town of Qualicum Beach Notices see the Town of Qualicum Beach website
- General Public Health Information see the Emergency Management Oceanside website
- The Town will also continue to post on their Facebook page.
- For public health information and advice, call 8-1-1 or visit Health Link BC.
We encourage you to continue to exercise good hygiene habits, practice adequate social distancing, and continue to be a community that supports one another!
Mayor Brian Wiese
Town of Qualicum Beach