March 23, 2020
Further to our release on March 20 that advised the closure of all playgrounds in the City of Parksville, the following facilities will be closed until further notice. These closures are intended to protect our residents and encourage physical distancing in our community:
- Community Park tennis/pickleball courts
- Community Park lacrosse box
- Community Park skateboard park
- Springwood tennis courts
- Springwood off-leash dog park
All public parks within the City of Parksville will remain open, as will the public washrooms in the Community Park, Springwood Park and Foster Park. Bylaw officers along with other City staff will be reminding park users about the closures and where necessary will be encouraging folk to keep physical distance to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
REMINDER TO RESIDENTS:
- Maintain physical/social distancing by staying at least two metres from others.
- Stay home and avoid non-essential gatherings.
- Follow proper hygiene as directed by local health authorities - often and thorough handwashing and cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay informed - please watch the City's website and social media channels for updates. Please continue to monitor the websites of BC Centre for Disease Control
, Island Health
and Public Health Agency of Canada
For more information:
Deb Tardiff, Manager of Communications firstname.lastname@example.org