March 30, 2020
The City of Parksville is working to share information and operational updates as we continue to support efforts to prevent transmission of COVID-19 in our community and will continue to follow the direction provided by the BC Ministry of Health and Island Health. We wish our residents to know that going forward, most of the City's communications to residents about COVID-19 will come through Emergency Management Oceanside
which is operating the Level 1 Emergency Operations Centre on behalf of the City of Parksville and the Town of Qualicum Beach.
Here are a few reminders for our residents:
ONGOING CITY OPERATIONS
City services continue to operate and with our offices closed to the public, please contact us by phone or email. Our main phone number is 250 248-6144 and firstname.lastname@example.org
. Direct department contact information may be found on the City's website
ADJUSTMENTS TO CITY FACILITIES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- Washrooms in Foster Park, Community Park and Springwood Park remain open with reduced hours of 7.30 am to dusk.
- City offices are closed to the public and City meetings are closed to attendance by the public. Meetings may be viewed from webstreaming, live or archived.
- All playgrounds in the City are closed to use by the public.
- Community Park sports fields, racquet courts, lacrosse box and skateboard park are closed.
- Springwood Park sports fields, tennis courts, batting cage and off-leash dog park are closed.
COVID-19 ENFORCEMENT SUPPORT
The BC Government has issued orders that allow municipal bylaw officers to support enforcement of public health orders for business closures and gatherings, in line with offences under the Public Health Act. Please report concerns to the City of Parksville:
For more information: