We take COVID-19 (Coronavirus) seriously and continue to follow the direction of the Provincial Health Ministry to deal with the situation in our region. Our priorities are the health, safety and well-being of the public and our employees. The City of Parksville and the Town of Qualicum Beach are maintaining the essential services our citizens rely upon.
As the pandemic continues and with the many visitors to the Parksville Qualicum Beach region at this time, it is extremely important to remain diligent and to follow the advice of the Provincial Health Officer by exercising an abundance of caution in dealing with COVID-19. The numbers are on the rise in BC again; we must do our part and recommit to flattening the curve once again.
Here’s what you can do to help prevent the spread of coronavirus; just few simple habits:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or tissue, not your hands
- Look after your health and stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
- Maintain physical distance a and keep your groups small (Fewer faces, bigger spaces)
- Practice safe, smart and respectful travel
- Be kind
We will continue to keep you informed of changes to how the Town of Qualicum Beach
and the City of Parksville
operate through this pandemic. Staff and elected officials are practicing physical distance and sanitizing protocols and many services continue to be available by phone, email and online. Please refer to your municipality for contact information. Health-related information is available from:
For information, contact: