City Announces Reopening Plan
The City of Parksville has announced plans to restore amenities and services closed in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The plan being announced to the public today is a gradual multi-step approach to reopening services in a manner that will maintain and protect public safety. The City proactively closed playgrounds and other outdoor amenities due to concerns users were not physically distancing and as a precautionary measure to help limit the spread of COVID-19. The City's reopening plan is outlined here:
- In-person payment of utilities and property taxes and to process homeowner grants
- Finance hours are 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 3 pm
- All other business by appointment only and walk-in services at the Parksville Civic and Technology Centre are not available.
- In-person Council meetings held in the Forum
- Sports courts open for casual play
- Off-leash dog park open
- Skate park in Parksville Community Park open
June 5 - Reopening playgrounds at neighbourhood parks (Foster Park and Shelly Creek Park)
June 12 - Reopening Lions Ventureland Playground and outdoor gym in the Parksville Community Park
June 26 - Reopening splash park in Parksville Community Park
June 26 - Special event permits: hosts must provide COVID Response and Mitigation plans
June 26 - Return to play will include bookings of special events and recreational sports.
- Full service offered by finance - e.g. bus passes, garbage tags and dog licences will be available and tickets and licence fees may be paid.
- Finance hours will remain 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 3 pm
- All other City business by appointment only.
July 2 - City will resume such activities as in-person public hearings, community engagement and Coffee with the Mayor.
Residents and visitors using City facilities are expected to follow public health requirements at all times. In accordance with provincial guidelines, signage will be posted at City Hall and in our parks and open spaces to remind the public of what rules are in place. Information on the timing of steps to reopen various services and amenities, as well as updates on further access, will be posted on the City's website and social media channels.